This MRO Cold Galvanize Coating is a cost effective zinc spray coating that imparts temporary zinc protection in the weld-thru process from fabrication, to maintenance, and repair. Even at one coat, interim protection is provided if the surface is scratched or broken; an electrochemical reaction (sacrificial anodization), causes the zinc to sacrifice itself for the base metal’s protection.
- 97% pure metallic zinc dust with 93% zinc in dry film
- Acts as metallic primer and can be final protective coating at 1 – 2 mil thickness
- If moisture is present, zinc will corrode but it will continue to protect the metal surface
- An economical coating for preventive maintenance on galvanized parts and with multiple coats for longer term protection
- Meets multiple ASTM and MIL specifications (see product data sheet for details)
- Acceptable as a coating in federally inspected meat and poultry plants for application to structural surfaces where there is a possibility of incidental food contact
Applications: This hard coating acts as a metallic primer for iron, steel, and their welds to provide interim protection during the work process. Use on weld points, damaged galvanized surfaces, structural steel, automobiles, guard rails, bridges, TV and radio towers, storage tanks, signs and sign posts, equipment, gutters, pipelines, transformers, and corrugated metal buildings.